Article 75 of GDPR: EDPB Secretariat
Article 75 of GDPR establishes the secretariat which shall be offered by the European Data Protection Supervisor.
Secretariat establishment (Article 75(1) GDPR)
The European Data Protection Supervisor will provide the secretariat.
Chair instructions (Article 75(2) GDPR)
The secretariat will only operate based on the exclusive demands and instructions of the EDPB Chair.
Staff reporting lines (Article 75(3) GDPR)
The EDPB staff will a different reporting line than the staff carrying out the duties for the European Data Protection Supervisor.
Memorandum of understanding (Article 75(4) GDPR)
If necessary and when needed the European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Data Protection Board will enter into a memorandum of understanding to determine the manner in which they will cooperate.
Secretariat duties (Article 75(5) GDPR)
The functions related to the analytical, administrative and logistical support of the EDPB will be handled by the secretariat.
Secretariat responsibilities (Article 75(6) GDPR)
GDPR specifies the secretariat responsibilities as follows:
- Day-to-day operations of the EDPB (Article 75(6)(a) GDPR)
- Communication between the Chair, Commission and the EDPB (Article 75(6)(b) GDPR)
- Communication with the public and any other institutions (Article 75(6)(c) GDPR)
- Internal and external communications using electronic methods (Article 75(6)(d) GDPR)
- Translation of information (Article 75(6)(e) GDPR)
- Management of the EDPB meetings (Article 75(6)(f) GDPR)
- Management of the EDPB opinions, decisions or texts adopted by the EDPB (Article 75(6)(g) GDPR)
Recitals applicable to Article 75 of GDPR
Relevant Recitals: 140
GDPR Regulation article-by-article overview
Read our comprehensive overview of the GDPR Regulation, article by article, where we summarize each of the 99 articles contained in GDPR to give you a complete understanding of its content.
Cited Legislation in Article 75 or relevant recitals
GDPR Text: Article 75 of GDPR and Relevant Recitals
GDPR Text Source: EUR-Lex
Official GDPR Text: General Data Protection Regulation
Official GDPR Title: REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), corrected by Corrigendum, OJL 127, 23.5.2018, p. 2 ((EU) 2016/679)