About Us. INCORPORATED.ZONE is a legal blog with a mission to share real and practical knowledge about law and business. We provide useful tips, guides, information, reviews and insights into the practice of law, law firm operations, legal technology, legal software, legal marketing and associated technologies and how they intertwine with the business world.
Personal Information. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and may be unique to you, namely, your name, email address, address, phone number, or any other information not otherwise public relating to you.
Collected Information via Site. INCORPORATED.ZONE may obtain personal information about you through your use of our Site or through your utilization and navigation of our Site. We may collect the following personal information about you:
- When you sign up to an event or receive our newsletter, when you send us a message, or otherwise communicate with us, we may receive certain identifiers, such as: your name, email address or other information included in such communications.
- If you create an account or register to our Site, or connect your account and log-in to our Site via to a social network (for example: if you log in via Facebook), we may also collect certain identifiers, such as your associated credentials, profile name, email address, profile photo, age and country/state of residence.
- In the framework of one of our polls, surveys, votes, rankings, quizzes, contests, sweepstakes, games, forums, content publishing, and when you choose to provide it, we may also collect information about your personal or professional interests, favorites and opinions about various products, programs and services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – our Site may use your IP address and UDID and other information regarding your interaction with our Site and/or with advertisements displayed on our Site.
- Geolocation data – our Site may use information regarding your general location.
Non-Personal Information. We also collect data about the use of our Site and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-personal information:
- Technical information – this includes data such as website visits, the browser you are using and its display settings, your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), and non-identifiable cookie information.
- Information from third parties – this includes information we receive from our business partners. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us. This information is also used to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
Navigation Information. In addition to information that you will submit to us directly, we also gather, collect and analyze information relating to your use of our Site and the manner in which you interact with our Site. We may collect information such as the Internet Protocol you have used to access our Site, your Internet provider, time you have accessed our Site, the pages that you have visited, the duration that you were on each Site page, any document or material downloaded or other (“Navigation Information”). INCORPORATED.ZONE may analyze all Navigation Information in order to enhance and improve its Site, products and services. This information is used for benchmarking purposes, identifying enhancements to usability of the Site, products and services, and generally operating the Site.
Advertising. INCORPORATED.ZONE uses third-party service providers to deliver advertisements on the Site. The advertisements may be presented in the form of display ads, native advertising, video players, or other forms of advertisement presented to you on the Site.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising. For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here.
Opt-Out. You have the right not to share any personal information to INCORPORATED.ZONE. In such eventuality, INCORPORATED.ZONE may not be able to process your request and/or provide you with its services or it may be hampered in its ability to provide you with any service, support or respond to your inquiry or for you to use our Site. You must disable the cookies on your web browser.
Intended Use. INCORPORATED.ZONE may utilize User Information and/or Navigation Information to provide you with services, maintain its Site, provide you with any relevant account information, provide you with information about our products and services or to provide you customer services and/or support. We continually strive to improve our offering and provide you with the utmost quality in product and service. Furthermore, INCORPORATED.ZONE may use the User Information and/or INCORPORATED.ZONE does not use your information for any other purposes than to render services to you and enhance its offering.
Information Sharing. We do not sell or share any information relating to you with any third party unless they are bound by confidentiality terms intended to protect your information. INCORPORATED.ZONE works with various suppliers, marketers, buyers and sellers of media and vendors (“Vendors”) to dispense its services or license its Technology and it in this process, third party Vendors and their authorized representatives may access or process your personal information. We do not share any information unless we have validated that such Vendor is a confirmed vendor of INCORPORATED.ZONE and that they are made aware of the confidentiality obligations contained herein. Third parties may be collaborators, lawyers, interns, employees, consultants, IT service providers, designers, webmasters, marketing service agencies, media agencies, affiliates, partners or others of INCORPORATED.ZONE. In no instance will INCORPORATED.ZONE share your information to third parties unless it is necessary to render our services to you, INCORPORATED.ZONE has validated the purpose and scope of access and the ultimate purpose will be for the advancement of the INCORPORATED.ZONE business offerings to you.
Related Entities. INCORPORATED.ZONE may share your information with any entity part of its group, such as its parent, subsidiary, affiliate, or other including their authorized representatives. In the event of a change of control, merger, reorganization or transfer of assets, INCORPORATED.ZONE may transfer your personal information to the successor operating entity or entity entrusted with the operations of INCORPORATED.ZONE and shall require that the successor entity be bound by terms no less restrictive than the terms outlined herein.
Legal Disclosure. In the event INCORPORATED.ZONE is compelled by law or subpoena to disclose your User Information, we will do so by following the legal requirements and obligations. We shall notify you prior to disclosing any information. Should you intend to contest the disclosure, you are required to assume and indemnify INCORPORATED.ZONE for any and all fees, charges, damages, costs and penalties that INCORPORATED.ZONE may incur, including reasonable attorney fees, if you exercise your right to defend the legal disclosure. INCORPORATED.ZONE shall act in such a way as to reasonably protect your information while meeting its legal obligations. Should it be required to disclose your information to comply with the law, it shall do so without any liability to you of any kind.
Legal Age. INCORPORATED.ZONE will only provide services to individuals of legal age and no less than 18 years of age or entities represented by individuals of no less than 18 years of age. If you are under the legal age, you must immediately cease using our Site and/or providing us any information about yourself. In the event we have reasons to believe that you are below the age of 18, we will immediately cease offering you with services of any kind.
Deletion. At any time, you have the right to ask that we delete or remove your information from our records. You must request the deletion or removal of your information by writing to us at [email protected]. You must provide us with your full name, email address, contact information and a clear statement that you wish that we delete or remove your information. In such a context, you agree and acknowledge that we may no longer be able to provide you with our services and you must immediately cease using our Site.
Retention Obligations. We will keep a backup or archival copy of your information on record in order to comply with our legal obligations. You have the right to also ask INCORPORATED.ZONE to provide you with a copy of any information pertaining to you that we may have on file by submitting a written request to [email protected]. Your request will be processed within thirty (30) days from the receipt thereof.
Security Measures. In addition to protecting your personal information, we strive to ensure the security of your information as well. INCORPORATED.ZONE has implemented reasonable organizational measures to safeguard and protect your information from illegal or unauthorized access. By submitting information on our Site or by receiving an email from our Site, you understand and recognize that your information may be exposed and at risk and we are unable to apply security measures in the context of such information transmissions.
Security Standards. We use third party vendors in offering INCORPORATED.ZONE hosting services or web design that have implemented reasonable and industry standard security measures. INCORPORATED.ZONE applies industry standard security measures such as encryption and secure hosting services.
Amendments. INCORPORATED.ZONE may modify or update this present policy and updating such modifications or amendments on its Site. Upon publication on our Site, the modification or amendment shall take effect.
DISCLAIMER. INCORPORATED.ZONE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE LOSS OR INTERCEPTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED OR TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM US. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT FOR INCORPORATED.ZONE TO HAVE ACCEPTED TO OFFER YOU WITH ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. YOU AGREE AND RECOGNIZE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN INFORMATION ALONG WITH ITS LOSS AND SHALL ASSUME THE RISK.
Inquiries. For any questions, inquiries or concerns, you may communicate with us by writing to [email protected].
European Users’ Rights
EU Rights. If you reside within the European Union, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly provide us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Transfer of data outside the EEA. EU users, please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases, we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
California Consumers’ Rights
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to personal information. You may request, up to two times in a 12 months period, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information about you that we sold, the categories of third-parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
Deletion Requests. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information collected from you and retained unless an exception applies. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and where necessary and relevant, direct our service providers, subcontractors, and consultants to delete) your personal information, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Your Rights. You can exercise your rights to access your personal information or request deletion of your personal information, by submitting a verifiable consumer request to our email address: [email protected] In addition, you can exercise your rights (such as access and deletion) via our webform located at https://incorporated.zone/, where you can submit a verifiable user request.
Only you or a person legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a consumer request related to your personal information.
The request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient details to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you have any general questions about the personal information that we collect about you how we use it, please contact us at [email protected]
Response Timing and Format. Our goal is to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing within the first 45 days period. We will deliver our written response, electronically. Any disclosures we provide will cover the 12-month period preceding the request. If reasonably possible, we will provide your personal information in a format that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
In case of rejection, the response we provide will explain the reasons for which we cannot comply with your request.
Please note that these CCPA rights are not absolute and requests are subject to any applicable legal requirements, including legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
Non-Discrimination. Unless permitted by the CCPA, in connection with you exercising your aforementioned rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.